Faculty, staff, or graduate/professional students with a faculty/staff co-author or sponsor.
For GPSA requirements, please click here
Deadline for Submissions: 11:59 p.m., Monday, January 22, 2018
For Undergraduate Submissions, visit SURCA for Application Guidelines.
Visit SURCA to apply
To participate, you must submit an abstract summarizing your research findings, scholarship, or creative work. You may present only one abstract as a primary or presenting author. Your abstract must adhere to the following guidelines:
- 250-word limit (strictly enforced)
- Written for an educated lay audience
- If you have an existing poster containing an abstract of a highly technical nature, that abstract may remain as part of your presentation; however, for this event the submitted abstract should be written for a general audience and be free of jargon.
- Demonstrate work that is of scientific, scholarly, or creative significance
- The abstract must describe original research, scholarship, or creative activity
- For creative projects: The creative endeavor must be clearly described in the abstract. Methods used to accomplish the creative activity must be described and any program notes that help put the creative endeavor or process into perspective should be included.
- For scientific projects: A goal or hypothesis for the project must be clearly stated, results summarized and a conclusion reached.
- Reflect completed work
- Abstracts that are proposals for future work are not acceptable. Some of the work may still be in progress (and is likely still in progress), but the abstract should report on what has been done so far. It is acceptable to indicate in the abstract “next steps” as long as the completed steps are clearly described.
- Represent work completed for or at Washington State University
- Submissions from students must include the name of a WSU faculty member as a sponsor or co-author. Students should not submit work completed during internships affiliated with non-Washington State University organizations.
- Represent recent work not previously presented at a WSU Showcase event
- Projects may have been previously presented (between April 1, 2017 and March 28, 2018) at a professional conference, but not at a previous WSU Academic Showcase or GPSA Research Exposition (formerly Wiley) event.